PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2007, 12:46
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2

Nice to see so many people being negative about the possibility of Jet2 going to NYC. Lets all get a reality check here the best chance of New york Service is going to be from one of the LOCOs that are looking into long haul.

Cardiff are getting Zoom to JFK and I don't see any moans from them saying we would rather have DL, CO or AA maybe they are been realistic and realising they aint going to get them.

With open skies the big US legacy carriers are concentrating efforts getting slots at LHR, CDG, AMS etc and aint going to want the head ache of starting an untried route to places like NCL. The other thing to bear in mind is that in the case of CO and DL they are putting a load of effort into opening up routes to the far east and India.

A twice weekly service to EWR or JFK will probably work for the Leisure market I for one would use it as I have family in North Caroline and presently fly in JFK and then use Jetblue and a link from NCL to NYC would mean me not having to change at AMS or CDG which I currently do.

So lets be a bit positive about this folks and realise its possibly our best chance of getting a link to the big apple