PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2007, 12:14
crewboi83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, I think Jet2 needs to get OTP sorted before launching into a bit of long haul. At NCL every airlines tends to suffer a bad season, remember easyjet last year? they seem to be pretty sorted this year tho. Last year Jet2 was ok but his year they are pretty streched for aircraft cover, and I know they have relied on sub leased a/c and they have been let down (Altho this is at other bases) So i think they have been tought a lesson this year and I know they are aware of their OTP issues.
I was told (Very reliable inside Jet2 source) that EWR/JFK has been put back till at least May 08.... prob Nov 08 to be realisitic, due to probs with ETOPs certification, but its in the pipeline so its more a case of when and not if.
There is a very strong rumour regarding 2x 767s for Jet2, and most engineers are now 767 rated. Whether these will entre service or be sold on is a different story. Jet2 mentioned looking into some kind of premium service, so maybe that will tie in with long haul cos i dont see premium cabin on a Murcia really.