PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2007, 10:42
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Staff Bus

I have been informed by the powers that be, that the reason for the staff bus not dropping off on Tower Road is not a staff security issue. Because Level 5 in T1 is closed, many vehicles are being re-directed to drop off outside Olympic House. Therefore the staff bus is not using this route in order to ease congestion, due to large volume of traffic now using this area.

As Freeway has correctly pointed out, this is a decision which has been made by the police and it is them who are calling the shots on who goes where. It has nothing to do with any decision made by MAPlc so perhaps people should find out some facts before they come on here slagging the management off.

I work in T2 and therefore have the 'luxury' of being able to walk from Staff West through Area 7. I can understand why it's frustrating for those of you that work in T1/3 but as we tell all our pax on a daily basis, please just bear with it. Yes, maybe it is a typical knee jerk reaction but at the end of the day safety is the number one priority here and it doesn't help matters when everyone is moaning about something which is clearly beyond the airports control.

Anyway, for those of you that work at MAN, there is a lot of information on the intranet regarding this. If you have access, log in and have a read through. Much of the info has been inputted by staff from all levels and you have the opportunity to write your own questions to the management or answer questions asked by someone else.