PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 6th Jul 2007, 22:11
soffici

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avman said:
"Yet!

If they can infiltrate hospitals as doctors, they can do the same as pilots with airlines. Note, it doesn't have to be an U.S. or U.K carrier. With several pilots working for one carrier it would be only a matter of time before two of them are rostered on the same flight. Doesn't have to be a pax flight, so forget the skymarshal (who with a locked cockpit door couldn't do anything anyway). They could even form their own ad hoc cargo airline and......Oh I could just go on for ever. There's no solution except to try and convince these terrorists that there are no virgins waiting for them."

Avman, please!
Don't you see the nonsense you're saying? These doctors weren't infiltrated in hospitals to kill themselves with the lot!
For Heaven's sake! If a (real) pilot wants to kill everybody on his/her own aeroplane, do you really think he/she would need anything? Do you seriously think removing toothpaste or water from my luggage will stop me the time I want to crash over some large city?
Please, get a grip!
Better, as someone else suggested, do some profiling and personal life screening, rather than searching genitals, shoes and everything else...