PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear Deidre - What should I do?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2007, 19:03
Philpaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a similar situation myself, I have the funding to go integrated now and have done the OAT seminar and spent months trawling through this site. No where is commutable for me except Multiflight which do there course mainly in the US so its not relevant. Im 29 in a few short months so not got as much time on my side as i'd like. I so know what you mean about running in circles as far as making a decision is concerned, I was all for OAT, then swayed towards Cabair, now after discussing it all with the Mrs (or being told) i'm gonna go modular. This was my preferred method from the start but the thought of laying out all the money and not getting a job was what originally made me think of OAT. Help with employment etc... but from what i read on here day in day out it appears a majority of the students at most FTO's get jobs off their own backs and the FTO's claim Kudos when they hear about it (which they do when the airlines call checking there report). I think the money i'd save by going modular would be even greater because i can still work to an extent so saving more money. I have the self belief to achieve my goals or i wouldn't be doing it in the first place. I will say though i will have to do full time ground school, I'd never manage on my own with that. All in all i think modular is the best route so long as your focussed on your goals and don't get distracted, however, for a simple solution Integrated would be best. Most of the organization side is done on your behalf so you just have to get stuck in to learning and doing your best.
Anyway, I'm boring myself with my rambling, would be good to see which way you go and on your progress though.
Keep posting,

Phil