PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to CAP371
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2001, 23:09
excrewingbod

Post Changes to CAP371

You may or may not be interested, that there is several proposed amendments to CAP 371.

Having a chat with our CAA audit team, they advised that the following proposals have been made.

1. Rolling duty hour limits, i.e. 55 hours in 7 consecutive days etc rather than 55 hours in 1 week. Ditto with days off, minimum of 7 days off in 28 consecutive days.

2. When away from base a duty starting between 0600-0659 local time, is classed as an early.

3. When operating out of Europe, i.e. +1 hour difference, the first duty starting out of Europe, the fdp limits, etc are based on the UK local time, not local time at place of departure. For example a 0700 Local start in Europe will need to be classed as a 0600 local start. The audit guys were not 100% sure on this rule.

I was led to believe a consultation paper would be issued to the industry in the near future. The guys stated the main reason for the proposed changes was due to several CHIRP reports on fatigue and the scientists at Farnborough, NASA etc have recommended the above changes.