PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear Deidre - What should I do?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2007, 15:04
Gentle Climb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like I said, I don't think that there is a straightforward answer to the question of which is best. It is down to individual preference and circumstance. You have seen above, examples of modular success that is fantastic and I'm sure could be repeated subject to your own abilities. My own preference was governed by what is important to me with my own circumstances. For you it may be different, there isn't a general answer to the mod v Int arguement. You just need to go with what you believe to be the right choice and to be comfortable with it. All of the schools will demonstrate how good they are and integrated schools (inc Oxford) will highlight the number of people who join them on Integrated courses having started on a modular basis. That flow will always be there as people who for what ever reason don't like or aren't managing on a modular basis try the integrated option. I guess there won't be many going the other way for obvious reasons.
I chose OAT because of good reputation, referral from friends who I trust who have been or are currently on the course and and the honest discussion regarding employment at the end of my selection course. A smaller issue is that it is just about commutable so I can save some money and keep MRs GC happy and even do a little bit of work to keep some pennies rolling in. I totally acknowledge the superb example above relating to speed and cost of training but in all honesty, I know that I would not be able to manage that. I have too many distractions with my current business and it simply wouldn't work for me. It may for you though and you really shouldn't discount the option. It could save you a lot of time and money and get you to exactly where I would like to be and I will have a larger mortgage!
Like I say, everyone has different needs. Whichever way you go, you must back yourself that it is the right way. Don't start wonderign about it half way through.