PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear Deidre - What should I do?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2007, 13:40
Llen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys - a couple of contrasting views there but all helpful stuff.

The more I look into and research my options, the more and more I go round in circles and convince myself that one option is better than the other - only to then change my mind once again. I think you are right boogie-nicey, I need to get out there visiting, look at all the options and decide quickly - time is not on my side!

Gentle Climb, compliance - I totally understand!!! Having been to OAT very recently I was very impressed with all the facilities, professionalism, etc - and yes they do appear to have an immense success rate with placing students (I was quoted 95% find a job within 12 months with 75% of those finding one in 6 months or less). I've not ruled out an integrated course but I am questioing what extra do you really get in comparison to doing the structured modular waypoint course (other than JOC of course) - especially as they say that good modular students also recieve help with job placements. Could I ask why you chose OAT over say Cabair, FTE or WAAC?

pilotmike - wow that is an inspiring example. Other than true grit and determination I guess your friend is a pretty sharp guy given the speed of completing groundschool. I must admit I am leaning towards modular - especially when you see what can be achieved in such a short space of time at a reduced cost.

Many thanks again for your views and advice.

Any more opinions / good advice I can glean from all you PPRuNers?