PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear Deidre - What should I do?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2007, 11:38
Gentle Climb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Llen

I am in a similar position to you although I am EVEN OLDER by 6 years. I alo work in FS and am bored stupid. So I am going for it. Due to my age, I needed the quickest, most efficient route to FATPL and hopefully the route that would give me the best opportunity at obtaining a job on completion.

I looked at EVERY option. For me the best route is integrated training. I looked at a few options taking this route and have gone for OAT. It isn't particularly clear which (if any) training provider has the best record with the airlines ( I suspect that they are fairly similar and it comes down to the quality of the sudent ) so I looked at what suits best and OAT fitted the bill. I also know a couple of people who have gone through the course who found that the employment help was invaluable and did open some doors that were unavailable with a direct approach.
Modular may very well work for a younger applicant, for me I just felt that it wasn't the way forward. There have been rumours that some companies won't consider modular applicants with 200+ hours but I have no proof of this. The hearsay on PPrune may or may not help you with this.

Best of luck and might see you in Oxford sometime. Got to go, one of my last compliance reports to produce. I won't miss this job at all.