PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2007, 14:47
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David Angel,

You Nimrod guys seem to be getting a bit Twitchy about this fuel leak business that we are banging on about, and I don't understand why.

Other reports on here have stated numerous cases of sever fuel leaks, on the ground, in flight, post AAR, after landing etc. Even a Tristar crew reported a bad leak. It would seem that there is little disagreement with those facts, and you chaps even now claim that you have been given a little chart to ensure that the leaks are coming from areas where leaks are allowed!

My point about Camelspyyder, was that his statement of 'flying a leaking aircraft every day' isn't clever, and nothing to be complacent or proud about. He says himself that he is an idiot (toungue in cheek I know) but it really must be of concern to his crew that he is prepared to just accept these problems every day.

I don't know whether XV230 had an 'acceptable' leak the day of that fateful flight, but I would assume it did. Sadly, the 'acceptable' leak turned into something a lot more tragic, hence why so many of us feel the accident was avoidable. I'm not convinced that continuing to fly aircraft with 'acceptable' fuel leaks is a sensible decision, by anyone under the circumstances. I would suggest that the aircraft captain, and everyone in the command chain has a duty to consider this.

If it does turn out that XV230 did have one of these 'acceptable' leaks, then I would suggest that someone, somewhere, will be getting their dangly bits in a sling when the inquest makes its conclusions.

WW, please stop the PMs, I have explained that I will not respond to you, now knock it off.