PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 5th Jul 2007, 12:25
Dave Gittins

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Just musing on the question of what screening we are talking about and where it would be effective / recognised.

OK ... I pass all my details to the UK Government together with details of my airline, ATPL etc and they look at my background, Police Record, M15 / MI6 databases whatever and clear me as trusted flightcrew to have an airside pass with no restrictions and no need to pass through security with all the Pax.

Is that the way it'll work ?.... or would BAA do it for Heathrow /Gatwick Stansted / Glasgow, Manchester City Council do it for Manchester or whatever ?? Who sets the reqirements and standards .. same ones as the police or security guards yeah ?

But anyway I get cleared, is that then valid for all UK airports ? what about JFK, CDG, Frankfurt, Athens, Riyadh with recipocal rights ??

No problem, The US security checking is as rigorous as ours, if not more so, the French do a fine job, we accept anybody they ay is OK. Athens .... err didn't they have a bit of a "track record" ? Lockerbie ??? Riyadh .. oh, haven't we got some guys from Saudi who joined the NHS helping with enquiries ?

Or am I just being difficult ..... or prejudiced ???

Last edited by Dave Gittins; 5th Jul 2007 at 12:27. Reason: carp spelling