PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congrats to the Pilots Who Stood Up For Reason
Old 5th Jul 2007, 10:58
ozbiggles

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts
Wow, Ive never been mentioned in despatches so much before!
Oz in Biggles, ask Micheal Somare, the PNG PM.
Dear Keg. Thankyou for my award. I'm hoping the moderaters will issue me a gong underneath my name.
And for the other guy....no,no,no there are two## in $**^%##$!
Ok if I confused Keg, I musn't have made my ponit very clear, Ill take the hit for that. My point was these guys were pilots training for evil purposes, they had been issued a licence to train as the bad guys saw this as a way to attack. Who is to say there aren't more disgruntled pilots out there who know if they complain enough they won't be screened, flying bigger aircraft. If people don't believe this I have one word
FEDEX.
Until last week who would have thought a Doctor/s would be involved in a ploy to burn people to death in car bombs and splatter them with nails.
In summary somewhere more than likely there is a pilot with an axe to grind(bad FEDEX pun). ALL pilots should set an example, not belong to the minority who are sooks because they have to take their shoes off.
Now as for all the name calling of the security screening people, just imagine if just ONE of them had seen the packing knifes and asked a few questions. it MAY have been enough to undo the whole 9/11 plot. If that had been prevented by one of them, there would probably not have been wars in the Ghan and IRAQ
That is why we as proffessional Pilots should SET the example. Not go running off the the unions and ministers
PS - I hate taking my shoes off too....so much so I bought a pair that don't go ping, that is the way to deal with it