PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE Suspend Another Captain
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2007, 08:27
Smeagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by N4641P
Listen son, how many times did the contract get changed for the worse?
Well, let's see.
1.Firstly there was the time NJE decided that even though they had employed people on an agreed salary they would cut those salaries, some by a large margin, as their figures weren't working out. Any crew objecting to this were told that their contracts would not be renewed.
2.How about when the company changed the contracted 6/5 work pattern and imposed 18 days a month?
3.Then they decided that airlining on the first and last days wasn't actually duty time.
4.Then there is the more recent imposition of tax and social contributions in Portugal and the UK. Aren't some pilots calculating that unless this changes their tax bill will be 80% of their salary?
Originally Posted by N4146P
Secondly, go to a union represented airline and you will get a change in contract every 24 months, it is called negotiating collective labour agreements. They tend to benefit the majority.
Interesting word there, "negotiating". Perhaps you can tell us how many changes in the terms and conditions, including those I quoted above, have ever been negotiated? To save you the trouble I can tell you. None.
As for benefitting the majority, well let us see. Those on UK contracts are unlikely to complain for now. Those on the Portuguese contracts got screwed when that was negotiated. Sorry, did I say negotiated? I meant forced upon them by the then CEO with the words "take it or leave it". Now we have a third contract for the rest which seriously punishes some people. Why three contracts? Surely if this were negotiation to the advantage of the majority there would be one? But we are forgetting the old principle of divide and rule which NJE employ with fervour.
Originally Posted by N4146P
But you surely have something to undermine my statement
Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it.
Oh look, you did.