PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CC Career Progression into QF Short Haul - News?
Old 5th Jul 2007, 07:50
QF skywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Those who in recent years, secured a position through CP, went to Perth in order to make it reality. So, why is it that different airlines are getting different treatment? There is no consistency here. Come from J* and you have to go to Perth, come from AO and you get (be it limited) opportunities to stay on the East Coast.
Samford,
Not all CP crew have been forced to go to PER to make it a reality. MEL & SYD were bases offered in late 2004 to EAA/SUNSTATE/JQ. One could argue AO crew moved to CNS 'to make it a reality' also. Many people I know turned their noses up at AO because the thought of moving to CNS was too much. Spare some thought for the 300 AO crew who actually did move to CNS ( similar to those who move to PER as a result of CP ) from capital cities to make their flying dream a career. We have served our time in a place where we don't prefer to live for the QF group, so why shouldn't we have a chance at a southern base ?

NEXT...
Why is the FAAA better representing AO crew, who are new to the union, over long-time loyal FAAA Domestic members at both SH and JQ/regionals? That isn't a rant or whinge but a valid question, and one I would like to see answered.
Ditzy,
I was once a committed member of the FAAA Domestic, and since then a 3 year member of FAAA international. Many AO crew are ex Ansett crew who paid fees to the domestic FAAA for MANY years (long before the establishment of Impulse/JQ) , one could argue why isn't more being done to look after these people who had been paying fees for much longer than anyone in the FAAA domestic ?

I have paid my fees to the FAAA dom/international for over 5 years now - I want to be looked after also, just like you and everyone else.