PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 4th Jul 2007, 21:23
On-MarkBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What has been said here has been said many times. What I would like to see is that aircrew become part of the cure and not part of the problem, if we have we ever been a problem? Ok, there have been one or two loonies, but no security in the world will stop the pilot who wishes to commit suicide, and if that were to happen it would have to be dealt with by the rest of the crew, or the air marshall if you lucky to have one. Of the 'real' workforce of pilots, I don't know of one single incident in which anyone from any airline committed a single terrorist act.

My point is; why don't we pilots go on the same course that the security people do? (it can't be much of a course, I'm sure we'll hack it) and then we can be securitry as well as pilots and thus become part of prevention instead of being seen as a threat. After all for many, many years we have been in charge of or own, aircraft and crew's security, why did that change? BALPA, of course, do nothing. In fact I'm convinced they are part of the global warming problem, judging by the amount of CO2 they produce!!