PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for the pilots..
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2007, 19:43
BecauseCIDSsays_so!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for the pilots..

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently working for a UK airline and we are trying to implement a system for the flight crew to signal to the cabin crew when they need to be seated for TO/LDG.

Our current SOP is secure is passed when all crew seated although we are finding crew are spending a huge amount of time strapped in during holding, departure queues etc etc.

We want to get the facts together before we broach the idea with the big cheeses, so I'm wondering if anyone has a procedure with their airline that the Flt crew indicate to CC when they need to be seated (I have worked for airlines in the past with this sytem but unsure of flight crew technical details) and could clarify the following for me:

1. At what point of your checklist would you signal to the cabin crew to be seated for TO and LDG?
I.E: on approach to takeoff runway- is it the number of aircraft ahead or at a certain distance from runway etc/LDG- 10 minutes out/certain flight level??

2. How is this done (cycle of seatbelt signs/cycle of seatbelt signs followed by SCCM PA/ Interphone call to cabin/ Flight Crew PA)?

3. Is the cabin secure passed from SCCM when cabin ready or when all crew seated after your instruction? If the secure is passed already do you require second check from SCCM that all crew seated or is it trusted that crew will seat themselves on instruction?

Not a pilot so not up on all the technicalities so please forgive me if there are any really daft things in this post!! If you would prefer not to post on the public forum, please PM me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!