PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2007, 15:34
flyinthesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since when does this shambles of an airport, ever care about the staff who have to use it each day?

Security at MAN is a joke, they target the wrong people. The whole response to the GLA bombing has been a typical knee jerk reaction, with someone sitting in Olympic House proclaming that they are now bomb proof!! To stop the staff bus at the railway station whilst still allowing the public up close is tantamount to criminal.

Today, I received an email from my company asking me to sign a form that has been sent by the Pass Office at MAN. On it, it tells me that I must inform the powers that be if I see anything suspicious. Failure to sign and return by the 27/7 WILL result in cancellation of my ID. I ask you. How does signing a useless bit of paper make me any more vigilant.

Security in the UK is run by jobworths who have as much idea as a dead cod. Perhaps all staff at MAN should go on strike for a day during the summer until the airport wakes up and smells the coffee.

MAN is a tired, badly designed, leaking sh**hole of an airport, and they still have the gall to describe themselves as the worlds favourite. Yeah right, they are really good when compared to Vancouver or Changi!!!

Rant over