PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rfdswa
Thread: rfdswa
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2007, 10:42
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Ok, going out on a limb here, but when these people apply for the much coveted RFDS position, surely they are told what the wages and conditions are before they sign on. If they agree to a set of conditions and the salary, how is it the want to change it half way through the contract?. if they aren't happy with the conditions and money, and can't negotiate a better set of conditions, wander off to get the job that is better for them, with suitable money and conditions.
enough people don't resign and, although the service will suffer initially, they will eventually have to up the money and better the conditions to attract staff.
going to court would be if one of the involved parties didn't come good with what they promised, I would have thought.
Stallie, I'm not arguing about why they require higher standards for strips, and I understand the insurance man has a lot to do with it, nor do I disagree with it. I was pointing out the fact that it is a whole different job to what most perceive it to be, and the days of belting in and out of goat tracks in 180s on VFR plans at three in the morning to have to land with the Toyota lights on the threshold and a dodgy altimeter are over.