PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Congrats to the Pilots Who Stood Up For Reason
Old 4th Jul 2007, 01:56
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand the frustration, but I don't suppose it occured to the Capt God, that the "alarm" and his subsequent behaviour might have caused a concern even some fright amongst the surrounding fellow travellers/passengers.

He is, as part of his duties, supposed to impart confidence not fear into his passengers, he is supposed to be setting an example as an aviation professional.

WE are ALL in this together and cannot be too vigilant. It's all a matter of attitude, so get with the programme eh, or get out.

If a pilot did want to do something stupid,
I guess he would also have to deal with the other one in the cockpit.

As a passenger and a pilot I could think of any number of ways to defeat the security without bringing anything on board, we all know that, but at least we can remove or eliminate the more obvious ones. Recent TV shows CCTV footage of the hijackers buying a Stanley boxcutter prior to those flights. For example, was it the boxcutter or the people who brought the holocaust? Both, but it was the boxcutter that made it all so easy. In determined hands they are a lethal weapon, do we therefore ban their sale, of course not because a number of industries would probably come to a standstill, but we can assure that they are not available in places they should not be.