PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rfdswa
Thread: rfdswa
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2007, 09:29
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Name ONE charter operator that will send you out in the middle of the night to land on a 900m dirt strip lit only by 6 kero cans..
Name one RFDS base that would send you out to a 900M strip lit by six kero cans.The minimums for an RFDS strip are far more than most GA strips and the lighting is never six kero cans, I can assure you. I live in the bush and have seen what the RFDS require before they will go there. Mate, your living in the looooong gone past.
I have seen med 1's turn back because the cloud base was at minimums, but thirty miles north, the cloud was breaking up, the base had lifted to above minimums and I flew up to the base to accurately report it to the pilot and it had 5 mile holes in it. I personally reported this to the pilot via radio, as I was working in the area at low level.
I have heard them refuse to go into strips that far exceed anything most GA blokes would go to. as for 900m strips........... name me a couple that they visit. There aint that many I can assure you.