PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A PPRuNe FUND - To assist pilots and would be pilots to achieve their goal
Old 12th Jun 2000, 14:13
TPuk

Lightbulb

The good spirit being shown here is truly inspiring.

The scholarship is a great idea, albeit a hard one to pull off. I think the work put in by the experienced pilots will be paid off in the satisfaction of knowing that something has been done that will have a huge impact on someone else's life.

But I have to hand it to Oleo, the mentoring scheme is a fantastic idea. You can buy air time and exam fees, which, of course, will be extremely helpful, but you can't put a price on sound advice.

I'm lucky enough to already have found a "mentor" through PPRuNe. The lucky person is a professional airline pilot and a very active PPRuNer - he knows who he is!! I've gained a lot of valuable knowledge and experience from him and I count myself very lucky.

However, I know I'm in the minority of young wannabes who actually talks to someone from PPRuNe who can advise them and take an interest in their flying progress.

If only one thing was ever to come of this thread, make it the mentoring scheme. It is invaluable.

TPuk

I don't think there is much I can do to help you here, being a wannabe myself, but if there is, I'll be happy to do it!

[This message has been edited by TPuk (edited 12 June 2000).]