PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A PPRuNe FUND - To assist pilots and would be pilots to achieve their goal
Old 12th Jun 2000, 11:45
pinky

Thumbs up

IFR, this is a fantastic and very thoughtful idea. I don't think any of us would mind a registration fee of some kind and certainly taxing the bashes is a great idea. I think Oleo's mentoring suggestion is a really good one. I know I'd love to have someone more experienced to go to with my flying problems and questions, and even though the forum as a whole does this it's always nice to have someone specific you know and trust to go to.

For those that have PPL's we could arrange the occasional fly-in to somewhere, choose different airfields each time. Just to encourage new PPL'ers to get out there and start going places, gaining experience and building hours on their new license. I know I found it very daunting to actually start going to different airfields that I hadn't been to before. Again there could be some sort of sign up fee and a BBQ or picnic at the destination field to raise some funds.. Perhaps on these kinds of occasions those not having PPL's could make a donation to the Scholarship fund to fly in with one of the PPL'ers, giving the new PPL'ers further exposure to non-flying passengers whilst raising money for the fund.

This is the most exciting thread I've read in ages, we really have the chance to do some amazing things here, thanks to everyone who's putting in the effort and experience to get this off the ground, if you need any foot soldiers let me know.

Love to all, a very excited pinky!