PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A PPRuNe FUND - To assist pilots and would be pilots to achieve their goal
Old 12th Jun 2000, 00:54
rookie#1

Talking

Being a wannabe myself I think this is a fantastic idea.

I myself have been lucky enough to potentially have secured sponsorship from zero to ATPL, med results allowing. However, I have in the process, become well aware of just what it takes to get oneself into the sky, hopefully earning a living at the same time. One aspect I was going to find quite hard to fund was the C1 Medical. For anyone who is finding it hard to fund lessons as it is, the prospect of shelling out £400 on the medical is both daunting and potentially going to keep you out of a cockpit for a while, not being able to afford lessons. Perhaps it might be posssible to offer support with medical costs?

Obviously I think great care wil have to be taken when selecting a wannabe. All of the usual stuff like no. of hours flight time, motivation, ambitions etc will have to be considered, but I also think length of registration to the site should play a small part somewhere.

Unfortunately due to my only really getting my foot in the door of the aviation industry recently, I am not able to ask for an employers' contribution/ help or any real words of wisdom!! But I wouldn't mind sitting on a selection committee if you wanted the perspective of a current wannabe.

Congratulations on a fantastic idea,

rookie#1