PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A PPRuNe FUND - To assist pilots and would be pilots to achieve their goal
Old 11th Jun 2000, 23:34
DASHER

Unhappy

Ok, my initial thoughts on the PPRuNe Fund, which, it has to be said, appears to be a well thought though and generally good idea:

Fundraising. One suggestion is that for every Bash every attendee pays a ''tax'' of X pounds which goes directly into the Fund. It does not have to be a particularly high amount (if it was then people would not obviously attend), but if it was £5 x 100 attendees then that is £500 from one Bash.

Selecting wannabies. I think a panel should be set up, consisting of X number of people which look carefully at each application and come to a unamious or majority verdict. A panel of 3 seems most appropriate and fair. Each applicant should fill out an application form from which the decision of whether they are worthy of help would be made. I am more than happy to be on the panel, which, I think, should be seperate of the committee, and, for larger requests, the ''head'' or ''chair'' of the Fund should be the decider once a decision from the panel has been made. That way money will not be wasted but rather given to the most needy ''cause''.

Perhaps it is a good idea to consider the limitations with regard to the help available. What things can the Fund provide and which things can it not?

Perhaps a Equal Opportunities Policy could be produced stating that no individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, age, sexuality, nationality, class etc. This should prodvide re-assurance to applicants and keep the Fund just, fair and reasonable.

A decision must be made with regard to who is entitled to help by the Fund. Is anyone from any country, or what? This will obviously contradtic the Equal Opportunities Policy so must be written in such a way as not to be confusing.

All for now...if I have any more suggestions, comments and/or opinions, i'll be sure to reply.

Dash.

[This message has been edited by DASHER (edited 11 June 2000).]