PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CC Career Progression into QF Short Haul - News?
Old 1st Jul 2007, 13:44
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RegionalGuy -

Also a polite reality check..... at least you've progressed and you're in short haul, yes its perth but you knew that when you accepted the job. If you really didn't want to go there you should have said so. Spare a thought for those you left behind who are still waiting to get the hell out of their airline and get to where you are today. It might not be all that you want, but its a damn site better that where you've been, isn't it ?
Hey Mate... Just like to let you know that I am probably one of 3-4 transferees who enjoy Perth flying and are not the least bit concerned about the timing of transfers. I commute from Sydney but get 5 IPDs (5 more than if I was based in Sydney) and I write my own roster (again, that would NEVER happen in Sydney). So I ask that you spare me the diatribe about dealing with Perth as I am loving my situation at the moment as I make it work for me (just as I did at Jetstar). I would consider a move back over there if my partner could but that isn't an option. I plan to port swap back to Perth once my transfer comes up anyway - it suits my lifestyle so much more.

I politely ask you to get off your moral high-horse and find out about a situation before mouthing off about it...

And who do you agree with about this situation stinking ? From what i read and hear, most are extremely happy about the outcome of 1 for 1 ?
Who agrees with me? Educated people who have read and understood the EBA in relation to the placement of initial flight attendants when base transfers are pending (clause 73.6.2). While I am thankful that the FAAA made representations to the company and secured the 1:1 I am also annoyed that the company has breeched the EBA and the FAAA is content to let that happen and leave it at 1:1. What is the point of an EBA if it is only applied 'half-way' in favour of the company?

I didn't think the eba could control the employment of casuals or full time.
Knowledge is power, Mate. Read the EBA (clause 19[i]) and get back to me.

Please do not mistake my post as bitterness toward the FAAA! I have always supported them as my association and always will. However I believe that greater industrial power should be exercised by the FAAA (in my opinion). I am frustrated at the company's blatent and on-going disregard toward the EBA in a number of areas.

As previously mentioned I am one of few people on the transfer list ex-Perth who is happy. I am annoyed that key clauses in the EBA that REALLY matter to many people (who are unhappy in Perth, for example) are not being enforced.

Why would I care about the transfers if it doesn't really affect me all that much? Becuase I can see how stressful the current arrangements are for some and how unhappy some people seem. Call me old-fashioned but I am thinking of others over myself when voicing these concerns. The EBA should be followed and it hasn't been. Why shouldn't I want what is right for everyone, even if it isn't really important to myself?