PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vale John lindsay
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2007, 13:38
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, John will be missed. He was an icon, the likes of which our industry has not seen for many years.

Back in the good old days (read ‘60’s), I first met with JL when he was the CFI at Pipair at MB before he joined the then DCA as what was called then a Flight Test Officer (FTO). He was one of a fine band of chaps at MB that did the rounds of tests that made up their job. Sadly we don’t see that calibre of aviator these days and the industry is poorer for it. You would find him also at the RVAC passing on his knowledge to the many aviators that would pass by and enjoy a beer with him. He moved on from the Dept of many names, but kept flying in a variety of roles, but always remained the gentleman that we all found him to be. Flicking thru the log book I find my last trip with JL was in June 79 when he did my low level aero approval. The best part was when he asked if he could do a few as well… what do you say? Showed me up somewhat! He retained his enthusiasm for flying and aviators and every time we crossed paths he was the same JL that he was back in the ‘60’s. My wife & I also shared his company to Oshkosh ’98 which he enjoyed immensely.

A top bloke, who will be missed by the many that he has influenced over the years.

RIP John…. Do some rolls for me!!