PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just Say No To Etihad
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2007, 15:57
Capt.Bee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of your chaps

Ejazz From United Arab Emirates, joined May 2002, 660 posts, RR: 17
Reply 13, posted Sat Jun 30 2007 12:11:19 your local time (10 hours 45 minutes 2 secs ago) and read 1983 times:

Quoting YOWza (Reply 3):
EY are actually in far deeper **** in terms of staff shortages.

Quoting PhilSquares (Reply 10):
EK/QR/EY all face significant problems in recruiting pilots.

I happen to be in the Etihad Flight Crew Recruitment Department and it appears you know more than I do or is your information just coming from Pprune

Ejazz From United Arab Emirates, joined May 2002, 660 posts, RR: 17
Reply 15, posted Sat Jun 30 2007 12:53:32 your local time (10 hours 2 minutes 49 secs ago) and read 1910 times:

Our turnover rate is currently 1.64 pilots per month not high by my standards.

Housing was certainly a very serious issue but that is old news and has been more or less resolved since Company provided accommodation came online June 2006 and the housing allowance was yet again increased.

I'd be interested to know which pilots you are talking to as I came here from Singapore Airlines not Cargo so not quite in your position. All of us from mainline SIA have had absolutely no regrets and all agree that we have seen a huge improvement in our working conditions, environment and lifestyle over what we were used to under those idiotic Generals.

We have no significant problems finding type rated pilots. We only need to look as far as Bahrain for Airbus pilots in large numbers especially since Gulf Air announced plans to downsize.

Any shortages as far as Etihad are concerned have been due to a lack of training facilities. Since the Airline is still so new everything is being built from scratch. Our 2 new simulators have been installed and approved in our new training centre so slowly but surely the number of pilots entering the system will increase relieving the current strain on rostering.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/3485592/

Ejass happen to be in the Etihad Flight Crew Recruitment Department and is very happy man. Sort of cotradiction here. Just my two cents