PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Officer "assertiveness" versus Captain's "authority"???
Old 30th Jun 2007, 10:30
flash2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all FF I have no doubts about your skills in anyway. But your wrong I enjoy the RHS very much LHS is still some years away.

Your right btw my company doesn't fly to cat c airfields unfortunately. I don't really see what is simplistic about stating you should put an experienced f/o in the rhs when going to cat c airfields. Is that a stupid idea????

I just disagree with you on the point you are trying to make.
IMHO most f/o's / captains do a good job. There is only few out there who start screaming speed each time there is a change in wind on final app, also captains btw.

Furthermore being a good or bad pilot has nothing to do with how much money daddy owns. Most f/o's paid for all their training themselves! And worked very hard to get where they are.
Do you really have the bad luck of constantly flying with f/o's who call for a go-around at samos?!??

And I am sorry but no matter what you think of transitioning into the LHS, if the other guy calls for a go-around, I think you should have a very very good reason not too. Like no fuel to try it another time or being on fire. That has nothing to do with an utopian picture of the world. No re read of that HPL section required btw I still remember it.

There is absolutely no defense for saying "I am trained to do this and the F/O got it wrong. And that's why I continued" He is trained as well! And by going around he gains experience. And he will see that the situation at samos is exactly the same as the previous attempt.

I agree totally with gatbusdriver, if there is time go-around. And if you have
doubt's about anything a captain does, ask him why!

Last edited by flash2002; 30th Jun 2007 at 10:54.