PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX advertising O/S
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2007, 02:43
Gearupandorrf

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Lightbulb Storm in a Teacup??????

Actually guys,

I think the market that REX are trying to poach are some of the Aussie/ Kiwi Pilots already working in the UK/ Europe.

The advertisement clearly states that applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia. As far as I'm aware, DIMA have deleted 'Aircraft Pilot" from their list of "in demand" skills/ qualifications- which means that REX would have to demonstrate to DIMA that there are no suitable Australian applicants- which as we all know is a load of bollocks.

So based on the above- the only applicants who are going to be elegible for this, are Aussie and Kiwi Pilots already working over there.

And- let's be honest- the sort of T's & C's that REX have on offer make up a part of the reasoning as to why so many of these Pilots moved OS in the first place.

For any concerned parties- I would recommend contacting your local MP and bringing this situation to light. Before you do, try and get some stats on how many professionally Licensed Pilots there are in Australia so that you can supply some credible information.

REX can't legally do this.