PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2007, 00:38
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I hope the handling companies get the idea of curved pushbacks PDQ.The instruction came out last Friday for the W taxiway work,so I tried some.Out of 8 attempts I got precisely 0 pushed the way they were instructed.Heard that Aviance have only 4 out of 25 that can curve push.Since the instruction was effective,that should have been 8 MOR's filed,for not following an ATC INSTRUCTION.They better get this sorted by this weekend,or it's going to be carnage on that apron.
Putting stands in next to 16,(17 is just a left over piece of tarmac) isn't going to help much.It's new concrete that's needed and at the International stands.Also the more stands(plastered over existing concrete) put in up towards Bristows makes it more difficult to get helis in and out of there.But then BAA don't give 2 hoots about that.Increasingly there is less places to hold fixed wings.Isn't A3 crumbling as well.One of these days we will have to hold in the air,because the apron is blocked up.In fact it's this weekend with the W taxiway work.Something that has been breaking up for ages,and could have been fixed ages ago surely.