PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adrian Dumsa - New business
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2007, 07:38
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
My informant
Doesn't the fact that your informant is anonymous make this completely irrelevant, or are you being just a tad hypocritical? Besides, an "Informant" supplies "Information". This is an "Opinion", and not a very "Informed" one.

My informant asks why else would Mode C transponders be accepted for safety studies when being used for traffic advisories, but ACAS is not – when the only difference is the involvement of air traffic control personnel.
Utter,utter,utter dangerous, stupid rubbish.

TCAS is not accurate in azimuth, and it's effectiveness is severely hampered unless both aircraft are fully equipped and both pilots trained in it's use, as the 757/tu124 crash clearly showed. Are you actually suggesting a device which gives as little as 100' separation (if BOTH aircraft receive and correctly respond to an RA) be used as a routine separation tool?

You might think about asking Honeywell if it would accept the liability that would come with what you suggest.

But hey! Mandate it's fitmentsto every thing from a Tiger Moth up, and require every SPL and up to attend semi-annual simulator training, and I'd be on board....