PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Adrian Dumsa - New business
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2007, 03:56
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Adrian Dumsa - New business

Rumour has it that Adrian Dumsa, the former head of air traffic control at Airservices Australia, has now left IATA and is back in Australia running his own business consulting on air safety. I think it may be called ATMC (Air Traffic Management Consulting Inc).

I note that one of Adrian’s partners is Wayne MacKenzie, who has had 35 years with the FAA. Wayne will certainly have some expertise to advise Airservices on the Government approved National Airspace System – you couldn’t get a better person. I bet he has a good knowledge of Class E airspace!

It appears that the business is already doing work for Airservices Australia. If the rumour is true I would like to congratulate Adrian. I believe it is great that he is now in the free enterprise system, and I believe his business will do very well.

The pressure from V.O.R. (and others) for Australia to lead the world in detailed safety studies for airspace means that there will certainly be a lot of work around. I wouldn’t mind getting Adrian’s new company to look into the claimed ICAO view that ACAS cannot be used in a safety study to decide on what particular airspace should be allocated in a particular area.

I have received some emails suggesting that the requirement saying that ACAS cannot be factored in for safety studies was brought in by air traffic controllers to protect their own jobs. My informant asks why else would Mode C transponders be accepted for safety studies when being used for traffic advisories, but ACAS is not – when the only difference is the involvement of air traffic control personnel.