PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training sold
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2007, 14:40
Adios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My info is second hand, so perhaps some of the Oat students can verify it. What I heard was that FlyBE sought students at Goodyear for a tagging scheme for turboprops. One of the criteria was no more than one resat JAR exam. I also heard that not many people were interested. The only other airline I've ever heard of that starts the recruitment of Oat students before they finish the course is BA. Since I know several Oat students who have gotten BA interviews before they completed their IRT and at least one of them had two resits and was recoursed once in ground school, I would say that very few of those eligible under FlyBE's criteria were interested in espousing themselves to FlyBE for turboprop jobs when they could still be in the running for BA. Oat's employment report shows only two graduates to FlyBE in 2007, with 17 to BA and 16 to BA CitiFlyer.

I don't think Lukas statement that the Oat job board shows when Oat alumni change jobs is true. I suspect some graduates take a year or more to find work, so when their name suddenly pops up on the board, it might appear that they have moved to a new job, when it is actually their first one.