PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training sold
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2007, 12:13
Geoff565

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

As a recently graduated student, I thought I'd contribute some info regarding Airlines out in GYR as well as an insight on the job front situation. We were out in Phoenix between June and October of last year and during that period, one airline attended Goodyear to have a look around the new facilities, as well as ask a selected number of students (not sure what the criteria was to be “interviewed”, however it was a broad range of people) on a possible future tagging scheme for students, similar to those that operate in FTE, I believe.However, during the remainder of our time out there, we heard nothing more of it, so I’m not sure what the current standpoint is on that.

In terms of jobs, myself and the majority of the course finished OAT mid-late April. I can only think of a couple of guys at present out of the 20 on the course who haven’t got something in the pipeline and, considering the summer period is generally lacklustre, it’s not bad going at all. In fact my flying buddy on MCC had a conditional offer having not even finished the course, while I was extremely fortunate to have a Sim Ride lined up. The Market is buoyant.

Enjoy Phoenix and best of luck with the rest of the course.

---
Adios, yep that’s correct. While we were out in PHX, Flybe did discuss starting a potential ‘tagging’ scheme, though I do believe the pre-requisites were a bit more detailed. However, roughly speaking, those you mentioned sound about right, I’m just unsure as to whether any more headway has been made on the Scheme itself; it has been just under a year since they were out there now.

Upon your return from Phoenix, providing you attain an average of 85% in the Ground school Exams, with no more than 2 re-sits I believe, Grade ‘3’s’ or better in your flying tests (and a First Series IRT for a job offer), then you are eligible to be put forward to BA for SSP Selection. This is generally conducted well before the IRT.

Hope that’s of some use

Last edited by Geoff565; 24th Jun 2007 at 15:26. Reason: To answer the Q's below...