PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverjet
Thread: Silverjet
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 22:15
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I am Silverjet crew, I think the thoughts that they are not interested in BA crew are not true, as I am ex BA myself. I have to say this is a fabulous company and very different. There is a very positive vibe and it is refreshing to work with positive and happy crew. The Company is fresh and innovative, this is a pleasant change."

I can confirm. I went for an interview with Silverjet (though at the time I mentioned on this thread that it was a friend going for the interview) and am currently with British Airways.

I fulfilled their requirements for IFM and so asked that I be considered for that job. Though relatively young, I have a lot of "life experience" if you will and felt more than capable of taking on the role. Still, it wasn't to be. I was offered Service Co-Ordinator but the prospect of spending all my time in a galley didn't appeal - that's not why I became crew.

I turned down the job but hope to re-apply when I have more flying experience (approaching four years now) and might have more luck in a direct entry IFM position. I am keen to work for Silverjet so I haven't abandoned the idea entirely.