PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Darwins "Haunted" Corner
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 14:00
jackthelad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TN Base not that bad

I spent from Mar 04 thru Dec 04 in TN base with Chartair, cant say I miss it that much, but I will say this! the experience gained doin those bloody mail runs in clapped out old 210's you cant buy.
To the boys and girls who worked in TN and Alice over the years Iam sure you know what Iam talking about. To the the crew in TN now I hear you got a new paint job and some new lino in the office, do you still have the sagging desks and the rusty fan and filing cabinets. I think Roger spent some cash there once to get the hangar doors to work, but that was only because the aircraft where stuck inside. I do remember one story inparticular when the aircons crashed in the office, it was about 45 deg inside, I rang head office where they where injoying the comforts of home, and was promptly told that we should use rusty fan till fixing can be arranged. (Six Weeks) So we fixed it ourselves, should have charged em!
I also remember the Fonz in his first few weeks at chartair coming to releive in TN base, I promptly sent him to Hooker Creek. (sorry Fonz got to start somewhere, I know you loved it, Mable says Hi my Fonzi were you bin)
Working for Chartair back in 2004 was a great time in my so far short career I will always have good memories of, especially walking back to the airport after a big night on the town in dat wan Kathurine at Diggers.
The boys and girl I worked with have all moved on to different areas now. Heres the list for those that are interested.
BR is working overseas in his dream job A320's.
MJ still in Roma on the kero burners,
MH (Aerotropics Cairns/Horn Is)
SH (Rubbish) ******
NT (Pearl Darwin)
CL (Pearl Darwin)
SKA (Habibi) Overseas in the sand:
SW (GoldCoast) No you cant offload pax for grog. or can you!!!
BT and Chris at home home on the range in Qld building Drifters,
IVM (Fonz) shortly to Regional Express (i didnt want to say REX)
CB (Aerotropics Cairns) hope ya well mate
DW (Corporate Air)(still reckon you chuckedup mate good effort on your first night with the company, thats a pass)
BW Chicpea (where are you this week) remember the pizza and beers in Alice ouch!!!
NB you need to leave Tennant Creek (or have you already)
PT (still swinging spanners in Alice, hope ya wife and kids a well mate)
TR (keep taking those pills Timbo)
And me Iam of to Perth on the Braz.
For those that I have not mentioned Iam sorry please feel free to add your details.
There are many more pilots who I have not mentioned who have walked the hallowed hallways of the Chartair TN base. Iam sure theres a thousand stories and a million memories.
Good job lads thanks to all those that keep in touch over the years.