PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2007, 18:53
JFZ90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The SFO was not wrong in any way about his take on civil aircraft. I am at a loss to understand TSMs rather aggressive stand on this - but given TSMs lack of grasp of several things and his inability to read and pick up on pertinent facts on this whole subject, perhaps this should not be surprising.
Not one of you have come back with a reasonable explanation as to why the MR4 is NOT being fitted with a fire suppressant systen in the bomb bay.
Well, it seems to me several have tried to explain some potentially valid & convincing reasons for this but you seem to be unable to grasp the engineering issues behind why it is probably not feasible.

Not one of you have explained why the aircraft will be using a single-skinned AAR sytem, almost identical one to that fitted to the MR2 fleet. Why is that?
Well again several have suggested that you are incorrect in this assertion - indeed SFO has made it clear that to dismissively brand it as "single skinned" is just not true. I'm starting to think TSM is actually a troll.

Finally, have a look at this TSM and tell us again how you naively believe civil aircraft are all "as safe as possible".

http://www.airlinesafety.com/faq/B-737Rudder.htm