PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2007, 16:10
MANFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seriously doubt there was 'vein of truth' in it, more an 'I wish..'. If there is some truth, I'd be interested in hearing a source for it.

In fairness a couple of the wishes on it may come true, as you never know what's coming in aviation. But QR ain't going to be sending their 3 class A346's into MAN.

It's patently obvious there is demand for Business Class ex-MAN, but I never mentioned this. My point was the total lack of a market for a true First product, and thus no QR 346's. If MH had accepted this early enough we may been able to support a swap to a 2 class 772 instead of losing the service altogether.

I know SQ for one are doing excellent in Business (Raffles) Class into MAN, so much so that four times already this year I have not been able to get on SQ328 in Raffles, and that's as a PPS. As a result of this, SQ locally have asked the powers that be for a second flight 3 times a week, preferably Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's unlikely to happen in the near future due to lack of aircraft but at least the request is in.