PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hotmail & Yahoo email addresses
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2000, 13:01
Few Cloudy

Unhappy

Dear Capt!

Glad that particularly viscious thread seems to have vanished without trace.

My suggestion: We can be anonymous to the readers of the thread but should be prepared to be well known and verifyable to you at Pprune.

This entails a certain trust on our part (you have mine) but would be fairly easy to organise - by letting you have more personal details which then don't appear in the profile.

What sort of people do you/we want on this forum? I think passengers' views are interesting. Let them be bona-fide passengers however. Let Wannabees be bona-fide Wannabees. Do we want all Forums (Forae?) to be accessible to all categories of member? If not - no problem, for we can automatically categorise members at sign-up.

Next problem - what do you do with the "experienced" members? Well we would all have to submit the same details as soon as a passable form can be completed. Any questionable cases would be filtered out at this stage.

You may have my credit card number, phone number or whatever you like. This in turn would require a "microsoft" type of agreement page on initial sign-up.

Trust is required on both sides.

PS. cynical remark for those who don't believe in trust - a membership fee separates the men from the boys too!