PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should Ryan Air Pilots Strike???
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2007, 06:51
graviton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
‘Ryan Air is full of Pilots who have essentially 'bought' themselves an airline Job’

Do you mean like medical and law students or teachers etc running into thousands of pound of debt to qualify?

Do you feel equally contemptuous of those who buy private education for their children. That surely is partly about ‘buying’ a job!

If you think that it is Ryanair pilots that are the cause of the change in the aviation industry you clearly live in the fantasy world your title suggests.

The likes of Laker fortunately set the ball rolling for the big change in perceptions of air travel when the masses suddenly saw that it was possible to travel relatively cheaply and no longer the prerogative of the rich. Providing cheap flights and surviving requires a different business plan to that employed by earlier attempts. The likes of Ryanair and others have adopted different models and doubtlessly accelerated the process in recent years.

In 1960 I paid £33 single to fly to Malta, I was earning £6 a week working fulltime. Thank god for the change even if the feathers of some who wish to live in the past and impress their neighbours by their prestigious occupation are ruffled.

Destroying your prestige needs no support from Ryanair pilots, comments like yours adequately do the job. ‘Scraping the barrel’ is closer to home, I think!

Suggest you grind your axe on another stone.