PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2007, 05:18
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And which of these news sources do you consider the "National Enquirer" cos where I am from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is a highly respected news source and they say,
Jeremy Snaith has received a six month suspended sentence for drinking alcohol without a permit and using offensive language.
And this source is from another respected newspaper in Australia, being "The Australian" and the source of the quote is from Etihad Airline themselves,
THREE Australians charged in the United Arab Emirates with drinking alcohol and sexual harassment on a plane are expected to be deported after judges handed two of the men suspended sentences and acquitted the third last night, a spokeswoman for the UAE airline said.
As printed in the Age Newspaper Melbourne,
A spokesman for Snaith and Evans, who are both directors of Jupiter Mines Ltd, said the trio were due in the Abu Dhabi court at 9am local time (3pm AEST).
Spokesman Sean Mulcahy said the prosecution brief had contained a surprising charge.
"The most interesting charge that we find the gentlemen are facing is drinking alcohol on a flight as non-Muslims without a permit," Mr Mulcahy told AAP from Abu Dhabi.
"I'd be very concerned if I was flying Etihad at this point in time as a passenger if you did have your ticket booked that you had your alcohol drinking permit."
But hey you know what, of course you are right, and all these sources are obviously lying.

Last edited by AirNoServicesAustralia; 21st Jun 2007 at 06:34.