PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2007, 11:28
stickmonkeytamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If, God firbid, we lose another one in similar circumstances, would the thoughts of this thread show that the RAF personnel at the grass roots level were making it clear that there was real concerns, and as the higherarchy do read this thread (don't ask how I know...), would they be held responsible for not acting upon opinions/recommendations of the end users?

I lost a good friend whom I'd known for years on that aircraft. I'd been to his wedding and his funeral. It must not happen again. Why has no-one who can make a difference got the moral courage to do so? He/she would be applauded.

Tenuous link: I watched a programme on BFBS last night (which was probably on in the UK about a month ago) about a woman trying to get all Premiership footballers to give a days pay to the nurses charity. If all aircrew (not just the Nimrod fleet) refused to fly for one day in order to raise awareness of the Nimrod problem, would this work? All ground personnel could do the same... Not quite a mutiny or Union action, but who, higher up the chain, would actually step in and force people back to work??? We, the end users, must stand up...

SMT