PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2007, 11:19
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From avgas321,
Severely Jetlagged is absolutely correct in every single word that he has posted
So you are saying also that the police are lying and the courts are lying and in fact these men weren't in fact charged found guilty and fined for drinking alcohol without a permit???

As Fox said, and as I have said repeatedly (if you bothered to read the whole thread you would see this), nobody here has defended the way these people acted and that is not the point of the thread. What has been said again and again and again is that the incident was handled poorly, and the charging of passengers with drinking without a liquor permit is a disaster for Etihad and the UAE in general. Charge them and lock them up for their behaviour but don't cloud the issue by bringing drinking alcohol as a non-muslim in a muslim country into it otherwise you will scare off a lot of potential customers.

For the record I am well and truly done with this thread, as I have to repeat the same thing every page cos people don't bother to read the entire thread and instead spout rubbish like "noone has been charged with drinking without a permit", and "why do you guys defend this behaviour", and "where in the world is this behaviour acceptable" and "when American airlines offer cocaine on arrival into New York...". Have fun people