PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - Canada Crossover
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2007, 14:57
Married a Canadian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bra

I did indeed meet my missus to be after validating at NATS and then had to transfer to Canada to be with her.

There are no moral issues involved in my opinion if we are talking family. How many people signed the mobile grade agreement on joining the company and are now moaning that they have to move etc cos they don't want to uproot their family. No difference in a person from a particular country wanting to be in that country..and if it is a spouse...what can you do?

Don't put your life on hold for 5 years whilst you find out where it is at. Apply for NATS....don't mention anything about wife's nationality....get your head down and validate...and then see how things pan out. If others have a problem with that...ask them what they would do?

I second what has been said about the experienced controller program though....seems to be winding down a bit....or at least the numbers aren't as big as they were a couple of years ago( in YYZ anyway). The website is out of date now...and the person who used to act as a direct contact has moved on. Best thing to do is if you are visiting Canada in the future with your missus, arrange a trip to a tower or centre and try and speak to someone face to face, find out your options, and let them know the situation.

Best of luck for the future...well done for snagging a Canuck.