PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annoyed with other pax attitudes... Nimes to Luton & back again
Old 17th Jun 2007, 13:11
Avman

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Window Shades

Aah Onion, the window blind thing! Don't take my comments as being aimed at you personally because I don't know if you were on an overnight flight or not. As for lowering the window blinds, personally I have a little problem with that depending on the time of day. If I'm travelling say AMS-JFK westbound during the middle of the day I don't particularly want to be in near total darkness. It's daytime and I'd like my daylight please. To save making a fuss I tend to abide however I get a bit grumpy about it. Eastbound is another matter. I recently flew overnight from Vancouver to Amsterdam. At this time of the year on such northerly tracks it's daylight all the way. Whether I wish to sleep or not, it's technically night time and I'll lower the window shade no problem. There are posters who would say that it is inconsiderate to others not wanting to lower the blind (on a daytime westbound flight). My contention is that it is just as inconsiderate wanting to force daylight away from those who may prefer to be in daylight during daytime. I'm not looking for confrontation but just pointing out that there are two sides to this problem.