PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annoyed with other pax attitudes... Nimes to Luton & back again
Old 17th Jun 2007, 01:31
FirmamentFX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have flown Ryanair on several occassions now and never had a problem with them, you just have to obey their rules, its not hard.
Agreed. However, my point is that there are so many people out there who feel that the rules don't - or shouldn't - apply to them. I am not even talking about "pond scum" here - there are plenty of intelligent, educated people with a superiority complex. These are the kind of arrogant sh*ts that visit places like Uzes and Nimes - people who honestly should know better.

I speak from experience with this one - my Stepdad - normally a lovely wonderful man - gets on an aircraft and becomes Mr. Hyde. He almost had an EZY flight to Nice turn back to Luton about 5 mins after takeoff over going to the toilet before the seatbelt signs were turned off...

He is the kind of pax I despise

As an aside - I remember when I was in the "sky café" or whatever it is called at CDG, a prattish Brit businessman was in front of me. The poor girl behind the counter could not understand his *awful* attempt at ordering a croissant in French, and he eventually got so annoyed he resorted to calling her a "bloody frog".

And this was no doubt a pillar of our community in England...

Also regarding boarding Ryan air have when I have flown with them always anounced boarding of priority boarders and people with young children first. So in Ryanairs defence the family with the child should of been ready for boarding at the gate near the front of the queue, I'm not suggesting the women who finally moved was in the right, just trying to defend Ryanair.
I was under that impression too. However the past 2 flights have not called that - instead it is "priority boarding and web check in" followed by "everyone else". I guess that they want you to pay if you need to get on first. A little sick perhaps...

Onion - I sympathise with you. I doubt I would have been able to hold my tongue

Curiously enough, that is more or less exactly what the Duke of Wellington said when the first passenger trains were introduced in the 19th century.

He was quoted as being against them on the grounds that the common people would want to travel, and that might lead to revolution. Substitute "pond scum" for "the common people" and it all begins to sound very familiar!
Union Jack - at the risk of sounding horribly pompous, I think you can widen the net to include all forms of public transport - humanity en masse is generally a horrible experience!

Cheers!

Martin