PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2007, 17:41
EYGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agree...

Now that we are talking about service, I have to agree with you guys, sometimes and in some routes the services is not so "high standard" as we would like to offer.
Taken from a pax, once I was working on Economy, an Indian pax mentioned something very true... I was taking him from Germany to AUH... he wondered why the service was allways better from Germany to AUH than AUH to India?... and I started noticing the same.
We promise too much, in some flights than we can offer it (long legs, few paxs) then we have short legs, full flight and hard to provide the service we (we means they, they means management) want to offer.
Then we get pressure from Management, do this and do that, more and more, and they start pushing us with some non-sense things regarding the service. Motivation starts to go down, making it so ugly to work with some seniors, the more pressure they have the more nervous they get, the more difficult they make it to work as a team. Guess what! ugly team, ugly face and that what the paxs notice.
On the other hand, when we have a wonderful team, supportive one, making it so nice to work, the paxs notice that and they are pleased and we are happy and everybody enjoy the flight.
It is true, there are some crew who do not deserve to keep working, they have zero idea about providing a proper service, fortunately they are just few people... unfortunately you need at least 20 good things to cover just one bad job...

Why dont they leave and give way to motivated crew to do a proper job?
Thats is hard to answer... working in the MidEast... where you get so many wonderfull credit cards, where the glamour shines and you get all of the sudden into a wonderfull world of consumption... you get DEBTS... it is like hotel California you just can not leave...
And as it was mentioned before, same thing happened in GulfAir or QR, perhaps EK too, they are loosing good people because of the lack of motivation... it is like a whirpool... too many ingredients mixed together you get this...

My personal experience?... I still enjoy it, I have been here since mid 2005 and lucky me, I did not get into debts (i am free).
I am also lucky, since so far I worked with wonderfull people and great paxs... but I hear some bad stories...

I have good friends in EK, they notice the same...
Who are you gonna blame? of course! the only contact you have onboard are the cabin crew... complaints goes up starting with us and pressure goes down from management all the way down to the lastest link: cabin crew.

As a pax or a customer, you are and should be always right, I agree with you all the time you complain, that is when my duty and responsibility gets to it maximum -regarding service, top priority is always safety- and I must respond properly in order to recover the customer we are losing (that is why I got into a service industry)...
But we are just the last link of a long chain and has to be strong enough all the way from the begining otherwise it wont work, it is senseless.

So far it is a free market, you can choose some of our competitors which are also good ones.
But when you are on my flight I will do my best to make you come back.

(except those clowns that attacked my colleague)

Good luck...

PS: I am not lesbian! ...my girlfriend is