PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annoyed with other pax attitudes... Nimes to Luton & back again
Old 15th Jun 2007, 22:36
RealFish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting discussion this.

According to Leo Hairy Camel, he was going to change the face of civil aviation forever with his particular brand of aviation and business model. But I am begining to believe that the excitement of Ryanair et al is showing the first signs of wearing thin somewhat.

I took an early flight out to Malaga last week on BA (Gerbil). It was interesting to overhear the reactions of customers, obviously making their first flight on BA, as they entered the cabin..commented on the leather seats...and had beakfast..and drinks. 'Much better' was the consensus of a hen party on its way to AGP for a good time - pity that my hotel was an hour and a bit further south !

The flight back was rammed, both Euro Traveller and Club Europe. Evidence that people want something more, I would suggest - and are prepared to pay for it, although amazingly having looked at prices beforehand (for a last minute trip admittedly), BA beat both FR and EZ.

I reckon, to corrupt an old quotation, that rumours of the death of full service carriers are greatly exagerated.