PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annoyed with other pax attitudes... Nimes to Luton & back again
Old 15th Jun 2007, 14:02
FirmamentFX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:D

At the risk of repeating myself for the sake of clarity:

I certainly didn't mean to stir up the hornet's nest of social classification and elitism, and I am in total agreement that "pond scum" (I have grown fond of that phrase... ) travel on all airlines.

However, a greater proportion will travel on the low cost airlines.

I fly Ryanair a lot and think they are brilliant. Does that also make me 'pond scum' who deserves to be greeted at the door with a cattle prod?

What is it about these Ryanair threads?
Slim_slag, absolutely not. Due to my location, I travel almost exclusively Ryanair, so if I consider you "pond scum" then I must also consider myself in the same bracket as well....

Regarding Ryanair threads in general, I disagree passionately with company policy in so many ways, and for so many reasons. However, my point is that company policy is not the "fault" of the cabin or flight crew.

Pax should accept that if they choose (or must) travel with Ryanair then they should be aware of the policies that exist, and not shout, scream, or otherwise be rude to cabin crew who have to enforce those policies. Those are the "pond scum" I detest - people who will lash out without knowing, or realising, the true facts of a given situation.

You're missing the point FHA, special needs pax are preloaded and looked after on other airlines.
Yes, and I was under the impression that they still were on RYR. Obviously not...

And the woman may have paid for the privilege of selecting that seat - perhaps she is claustrophobic or has some other reason she needed to sit there.
True. However, in that case I would have expected (ha! How arrogant does that sound? "I would have expected..." Christ... ) her to politely explain why she could not move. To be so nasty, and then make a nasty comment about the child, is completely out of order...

Cheers!

Martin