PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAPL Inquiry
Thread: SAPL Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2007, 02:33
dodgybrothers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm also a former employee and have been asked to talk to the consultant. From what I can gather the military d!ckheads have blamed everybody else but themsleves for the rate of attrition and have crawled to customs saying its not their fault now the govt want to know what is the problem because 5 new dhc8s on the way and no crews to crew the existing ones, let alone the new ones.

I loved my job and the people I flew with, there was a sense of achievement that I don't get now flying SLF. The crap all started when the 92 wing dropouts started to treat the staff as conscripts. They were totally unapproachable and were hell bent on making their ideas work no matter the cost. Does anyone remember the ADL ops cell that originally claimed they could run the show with 3 staff? Last I heard they had 15 in there and were still not running it nearly as efficiently as the bases did.

Solid rosters, real callout allowances and overtime and getting rid of that ADL mentality and put the management of the operation where the action is will go a long way to improve the operation generally. Oh and git rid of those military gits.